I feel really passionate about music. Many people may think
that someone is passionate about music when a person spends his or her entire
day listening to music, but I think that is not my case. When I was a child, my
father made my siblings and me took some Piano lessons, but the only one who
really got to like it was my older sister. I really liked the piano, but I
think that I was to young to be diligent in that subject. I remember that I
just wanted to play with my friends instead of going to the piano
lessons. Also, my brother and I took some recorder (a type of flaute) lessons,
but we quit and we stopped playing the recorder. However, As I was growing in
the LDS church, I realize that music was what motivated me to stay firm in the
gospel and is a good way to invite the spirit. Thus, I started to appreciate
music.
In addition, I have been influenced from several music
composers that have scored movie soundtracks, such as John Williams and Hans
Zimmer. As I started to listening to get immersed in music, I felt that humming
songs was not enough. So, I became interested in learning how to play musical
instruments. I gave the piano a second chance, and I learned how to play some
LDS hymns and some main themes of movies (especially Superman and Star Wars) in
the piano. Moreover, I started to play the Recorder again. While I continue my
musical experiments, I learned how to play the basics of guitar, zampoƱa (also
called Andean pan flute),ukulele, and charango. Nowdays, I just have access to
a guitar and a piano, so I tried to
keep my "musical spirit" alive by playing these instruments.
No comments:
Post a Comment